2020 Recycling Schedule
The Borough provides curbside and drop-off site information.
Schedule for Curbside Pick-up is the first Thursday of each month. Please place recyclables at curbside by 7:00AM.
Acceptable Curbside Recyclables
Each of the following items must be placed in separate containers:
- Clear glass bottles- must be rinsed out & clean. No lids.
- Brown glass bottles- must re rinsed out & clean. No lids.
- Tin & bi-metal cans- must be rinsed out & clean. Labels must be removed.
- Aluminum cans- must be rinsed out & clean.
- Magazines- tied in bundles, in paper bags or buckets only (no plastic bags or boxes.
- Newspapers- tied in bundles, in paper bags or buckets only (no plastic bags or boxes).
Recycling Center Drop-off Site Information
Location: 170 Race Street, east of the railroad overpass, behind the Borough garage.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm.
2020 The recycling center will be closed on the following dates because of holidays: April 13th, May 25th, July 4th, September 7th, and November 26th.
Shredding capabilities for confidential records and documents are provided at the Recycling Center.
Acceptable Drop-off Site Recyclables:
All curbside recyclables listed above
Green glass- rinsed out and clean. No lids.
Cereal, pizza, detergent and shoe boxes (or like materials)
White goods with purchased sticker
Plastics #1 and #2 only- rinsed out and clean. No lids.
Broken glass of any kind, China, automobile glass, VC plastics, paint containers, drinking glasses and cups, window glass, plastic motor oil bottles, batteries, pesticide & aerosol containers.
Brush & Leaf Pick-up
Brush will be picked up once in the spring, once in the fall and once to pick up Christmas trees. The exact dates will be advertised in the paper, published here on our website and on our Facebook Page. Residents should have their brush out by 7:00AM Monday on the WEEK of pick up. Tree limbs cannot be larger than 6″ in diameter and roots must be removed from bushes.