The Borough Council created a Flood Task Force Committee specifically to review past flooding, explore ways to lessen or prevent flood damage, make your structure more sell-able, and find ways to finance the options. The Flood Task Force Committee has been tasked with Public Awareness & Education.
- Buying, selling, or improving a house in Milton
- Ways to protect your house against future flooding
- Ways to lower your flood insurance premiums
- How to save money and protect your home and belongings against future flooding
- Questions about flood hazards
- Do you want to know if you live in a Floodplain?
- What are Natural Floodplain Resources
- How to be prepared for the next flood
Please be aware:
- Homeowner’s insurance will NOT cover water damage from flooding! Contact your insurance agent for what can.
- Flooding can come from ice jams or dam failures.